When surgery is necessary, our specially trained orthopedic and podiatric surgeons, nurses and therapists provide comprehensive care involving the least invasive and up-to-the-minute techniques.
Hip and Pelvis Institute of San Francisco program features rehabilitation plans specifically tailored for each patient. Patients also participate in group meals, exercise classes and social activities designed to return them to healthy lifestyles.
Hip and Pelvis Institute of San Francisco program includes:
- Private rooms with TV and telephone
- Nurses who specialize in joint care
- A nurse manager who coordinates all preoperative and patient center planning
- An aggressive rehab program involving twice-daily therapy
- Occupational and physical therapists who provide instruction on joint protection, energy conserving techniques, and use of assistive devices
- An emphasis on group activities, as well as individual care
- Education for family and friends participating as coaches in the recovery process
- A comprehensive patient guide that covers both preoperative and post-operative phases
The decision to have surgery should be discussed with your physician and family, and you should understand all the benefits and potential risks before opting for this alternative. If you have questions about the Hip and Pelvis Institute of San Francisco program, don’t hesitate to call us.
Hip and Pelvis Institute of San Francisco
2299 Post Street, #107
San Francisco, CA 94112
Images and Video courtesy of Dignity Health and Saint Francis Memorial Hospital.